Sunday, July 14, 2013

Simply Filling Begins

Pin It Yesterday began my week (or longer) of following Weight Watcher's Simply Filling Technique (aka SF or SFT).  When I started reading more into it, I was shocked and awed at what I CAN have!  I got my large (larger than normal) grocery order today and tonight I began prepping for the week.  The first thing I threw together was a corn, black bean, etc., etc. salad to keep on hand:

There are no exact measurements involved here.  I simply piled a bunch of SF foods in a bowl - green and orange peppers, red onion, black beans, corn, chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and some balsamic vinegar.  I added some Epicure Alder Smoked Sea Salt Blend (so yummy) and some Epicure Chipotle Chili powder.  Toss together and store in the fridge.  I have it divided up into single-serving sizes and will use it for lunches this week - I saw a similar recipe online this weekend that had tuna added, so I think a serving of this with some tuna may be a very filling lunch.  It may also be good on top of tilapia...oh the possibilities!


Next I decided to make myself some egg omelets in the oven.  These will be quick and easy to grab for lunch with a light English muffin (which is also SF!).  The egg mixture is just peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach, extra lean ham, eggs, skim milk, salt & pepper as well as a bit of Epicure French Onion dip mix.  They are cooking now - perhaps supper for this evening since I had a big meal at lunch today (thanks Mom and Dad!).






So far this plan seems very do-able.  I'm still trying to see what the "catch" is.  Most of the non-SFT foods are foods I don't normally eat (hot dogs, sausages, olives, etc.).  The only one on the list of non-SFT foods that I may eat is avocado.  They don't say you can't eat these foods - you just have to use your 49 Weekly Points Allowance (aka WPA) if you do.  Same goes for any other foods that are not SF (they don't list all of the obvious ones on the website - chocolate bars, cupcakes, etc.  I think they expect us to use common sense!)  Sweet treats will also come from my 49 WPA.  I am going to try to stay away from sugary treats this week and try to focus on eating the SF foods outlined in the plan.  I will have to use some WPA for "incidentals" such as margarine or dairy items that are not fat free, but I'm OK with that.

Stay tuned this week to see how things progress and then tune in on Saturday for the verdict. 

0 comments: