Sunday, June 9, 2013

We've broken up...

Pin It
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, it has become necessary for me to break up with the bakery lady at Sobeys.  She just knows me too well and I am not comfortable with that level of closeness - especially when I don't know her name.  So the past two weekends have been... wait for it.... red-velvet-free weekends :(  Sure, I miss my friend at the bakery who knows my "usual", but sadly the fact that she KNEW my usual was an indication of a serious matter that I needed to get hold of.  I did have a "big" treat this weekend (cheesecake), but that's not something that is a) readily available to me and b) an item likely to send me over the edge.  Cupcakes, on the other hand, are a different story.

So I have managed to go to Sobeys two Saturdays in a row and have avoided the cupcake display completely.  I think I will try to go until vacation to have another red velvet.  After my trip to Ottawa, if I have not gained weight, maybe (MAYBE) I will treat myself to a red velvet when I return.

Nothing much to report beyond my two weekends sans red velvet.  Making an old favorite this week (Stuffed Cabbage Casserole) and am considering a Rhubarb Coconut Muffin (snagged some fresh rhubarb from Mom today!)  Will report back on the muffins if they turn out.

Oh, I nearly forgot.  Each week at WW, Fiona asks us to write on the back of our weekly one small change we will make for the week, based on the topic we discussed.  I am going to start blogging about my "One Small Change".  This week's change is to switch up my breakfasts a bit.  For nearly 4 years now, I have been eating (nearly every day) oatmeal with peanut butter and banana (sometimes I go wild and will swap out the banana with an apple... or throw in some blueberries if I'm feeling crazy).  I eat this because it keeps me full, it's low in points (5!) and it's quick and easy.  I do realize that I need t make a change though.  Perhaps I'll try an egg some morning this week.  I already mixed things up on Saturday by having an omelet rather than oatmeal...crazy, I know!  Today's was different too, but I'll leave you with some mystery.  I'll try posting each Saturday on the previous week's "One Small Change"... stay tuned!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it was only a cupcake I ate this weekend. One giant ice cream with two scoops...