Saturday, June 2, 2012

Let's talk turkey

Pin It Burgers, that is!  One of the girls at Weight Watchers told us about her turkey burgers she made this week using garam masala spice.  They sounded so yummy!  I've been searching for a good turkey burger recipe for a long time.  I've found that using ground turkey rarely works as a substitute for ground beef, except in chili...I think I'm not crazy for the actual flavour of ground turkey and have to hide the taste with tomato sauce ;-)

Here is what I used (as always no exact measurements...sorry):

1 pound extra lean minced turkey
finely diced veggies: yellow pepper, onion, mushroom and zucchini
1 large egg
2 tbsp cooked quinoa and bulger (leftovers from the other night)
2 tbsp bread crumbs
Indian Masala seasoning (could not get garam masala at the Superstore...not sure if it's the same or not)
Chipotle Mango seasoning (new from Clubhouse!)
Salt and pepper
mix together and form into one big ball.  Score the meat into four equal parts and form your BIG burgers (about 1/2 " thick).

I grilled mine in my new grill pan on the BBQ.  I didn't time them, so am not sure how long it took - maybe 5 mins per side?  Top with BBQ sauce if you like.  My burgers were 5 points+ each and I ate mine on a PC Thins Red Pepper Round Bun.  They are 4 points+ each...I think I'll just use a regular bun next time as I think there are regular hamburger buns that are 3 points+ each.  I've never hopped on board the "thin bun" train...they are usually more dense than a regular bun and end up being the same or more points :)  I topped my burger with some Frank's hot sauce, mustard and sliced tomatoes.


THESE BURGERS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Served with a small sweet potato (pre-cook in the microwave for a few minutes and then put in foil on the grill) and mixed veggies.  Great supper tonight!

0 comments: