Monday, May 7, 2012

Don't judge a book by its cover

Pin It or my breakfast by the fact that it looks a bit gross :)

I finally made the Overnight, No-Cook Refrigerator Oats last night that I've been meaning to make ever since my friend Renee sent me the link.

Points-wise, these recipes are higher than my normal breakfast, BUT...now that I am on maintenance (did I happen to mention I reached GOAL on Saturday?? ;-) I have an additional 6 points+ to play with each day.  The intention is to spend these points on healthy foods...and what could be more healthy than this?!

I made the peanut butter/banana option and left out the honey.  Let me tell you, it was AMAZING!  I was hesitant at first - not of the chia seeds (had these before), but of not cooking my oats...seemed odd to me!  The only thing disappointing about this breakfast...was the fact that I used up the last of my Greek yogurt and have no immediate plans to get to Costco for more!!  The only thing I might do differently is maybe add a touch more milk (oh, I forgot to tell you that I used 1/3 cup of oats, which is my standard serving for breakfast...maybe that's why I needed more liquid).  I may also try making it with unsweetened almond milk...hmm, maybe tonight I'll use all milk and no yogurt and see how it tastes.  I'll let ya know :)

Now for the supper photo...it was a very delicious food day...I should have taken a photo of my Pete's ToGoGo salad at lunchtime too...sadly, I did not.

I am ever so grateful that my brother and my dad fixed my BBQ yesterday!!  It started working funny at the end of last summer, so I haven't used it since then and I was starting to get envious of my neighbours and their BBQd suppers every night...thought I was going to have to start knocking on doors for supper invites!

Tonight for supper I cooked an entire tray of chicken seasoned with Epicure's Souvlaki Seasoning (to eat throughout the week, not all tonight!), a sweet potato (when you BBQ these whole , you need not add butter or anything to them...eat 'em as-is and they are yummy!) and a foil packet of chopped veggies (peppers, red onions, zucchini and (finally!) eggplant) with a bit of safflower oil and various spices.



Today is day three of maintenance and the first day I haven't used my 6 extra points+ (yet!)...over the weekend it was easy as I had things going on that revolved around food :)  If I gain (GASP!) on Saturday, then they reduce my extra points accordingly...

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Shondi said...

Thanks for the oats report! I've made them before, but I didn't have any add-ins. Glad your BBQ got fixed!

I would love to have a Pete's salad for old times sake... Yummy!

Tanya said...

I think you were the one who introduced me to the chia seeds Shondi :)

Yes, a Pete's salad sure does make a girl's day...any trips home planned?