Thursday, March 8, 2012

Smell-e-blog

Pin It Sometimes I wish we had the technology for a smell-e-blog (like smellevision but for the blogosphere).  I took off early from work today and just put some chili in my crockpot and it SMELLS AMAZING.  I don't really have a recipe - never make the same chili twice, but my general ingredients are: ground beef, peppers (red/orange this time), red onion, chickpeas (garbanzo beans), black beans, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, tomato sauce (used a spicy one this time), chipotle chili powder, cumin, garlic powder (didn't have any real stuff in the house) and corn.  I think that's it...  I am afraid that today's chili might be SUPER spicy...maybe even too spicy for me!  We'll see.  If it is, I'll cut it down a bit with some chicken broth and turn it into soup maybe.

Here's a picture of it just fresh into the crockpot.  This will be either lunch or supper for tomorrow.  Thankfully everything in it is low sodium except the tomato sauce, so water-retention-wise I should be OK for Saturday's weigh in :)

0 comments: