Sunday, February 26, 2012

A swing and a miss

Pin It As much as I love my peanut butter and banana oatmeal, lately I find myself seeking a change.  Today I decided to try pineapple, banana, blueberry almond oatmeal.  My usual 1/3 cup large flake rolled oats (2pts+), 1 Tbsp brown sugar (1pt+), one banana (0pts+), about 1/3 cup fresh pineapple (0pts+), 7 whole, unsalted almonds (1pt+) and a handful of blueberries (0pts+) and a smidgen of almond extract.  Overall it was a decent looking breakfast.  In eating it though, I found it lacked something...flavour.  I think I missed my peanut butter - but I don't think old faithful would have tasted very good with pineapple.... maybe I could have used some coconut or maybe some mango...it just didn't wow me.  I was disappointed - it had such potential!

Here is a picture of my pretty, yet flavourless 4pts+ breakfast:



Thankfully I had a very satisfying lunch yesterday - my friend Cheryl gave me some Hormel Turkey Pepperoni from the USA, so I made my tortilla pizza :)  One LaTortilla Factory Tortilla, BBQ sauce, fresh baby spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, diced turkey bacon, turkey pepperoni, red onion and low fat cheese - baked at 450 for about 12 minutes...deeeeelish!

3 comments:

Kaycie Christine said...

Mm that pizza looks so yummy!

Shondi said...

Why not try another nut butter in place of your beloved peanut butter?

Tanya said...

I have tried other nut butters and am not overly crazy for them. I think I need to find a new breakfast idea, but am afraid that I won't find one as filling as my PB and banana oats... :)