Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yet another wonderful recipe....

Pin It from Gina @ Skinnytaste.com.  I tell you, I have not been disappointed yet!  Never in my life have I made so many delicious recipes from one source!

The night before last I made Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole from Gina's blog.  I made a few minor adjustments (increased beef to 1.5lbs...what can I say? I'm a meatetarian!  I also used the spicy petite cut tomatoes and instead of plain tomato sauce I used Hunts Thick and Spicy pasta sauce).  I wasn't going to include the cheese (to save WW points+), but had a bit of Parmesan/Romano cheese in the fridge, so sprinkled about 1/4 cup over the top after it finished cooking.  This recipe was AMAZING!  A definite 10/10 in my books.  It was also fairly economical to make - the beef was cheap (maybe about $3) and the tomatoes/sauce were cheap...and half of a large head of cabbage (oh yeah, her recipe said to use 1 1/2 heads, so I got one huge one...and only used half)...and it makes 10 servings.  WW points-wise, it was 5 points per serving.  Have the Tums ready if you are bothered by cabbage - there's a ton of it in here!

I have been eating this for a couple of days now and have reluctantly put the rest of the leftovers in the freezer for some quick last-minute lunches.  I think I could eat this all week, but figured it was freezer time.

Sorry, no pictures of my own casserole, but Gina has some great prep and after-cooking photos on her site.

Tonight was Zumba night and there were several songs that were new to me - I had convinced a couple of new people to join me, so I was a bit self-conscious that I didn't know these new songs, but I've learned to let it go and just enjoy myself.  I have to admit...my legs are KILLING me from last night's Step Class...but I'm still glad I went.  Tomorrow is my night off from fitness - although Cynthia said that if I cleaned her house for her, she'd do a Boot camp class with me... I think I'd rather take the night off! haha...I need to clean my own place and pick up a few groceries...it's amazing how fast you go through fresh fruits and veggies!  Only one more workout before my next weigh in...let's hope it's more than .5 this week!

0 comments: