Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weight Wars

Pin It Sorry for double posting today, but I'm sitting here watching Dr. Phil that I recorded on my DVR earlier in the week and his topic is weight loss.  I am dumbfounded by how cruel and awful these people's friends and families are to them!!!  Sisters ganging up on sisters and calling them absolutely HORRIBLE names.  SISTERS!  Now I don't have a sister myself, but I just can't even imagine talking to my sister (if I had one) in that way.  If you can't rely on the support of your family, what chance do you have at this game of weight loss???  Awful...shameful...terrible behavior.   These sisters think that calling their heavier sister names (fat slob, etc) and belittling them is motivating them to lose weight.  As Dr. Phil says..."and how's that workin' for y'all?"  Seriously...I can tell you right now if someone talked to me that way it would NOT motivate me in the least.  I'd head for the nearest McDonalds drive-through and stock up on salty fries and Big Macs.  I'd then head to the grocery store and pick up some premium ice cream and come home and sit on the sofa eating it all.  THAT is how those words would motivate ME.  These people are toxic and should be ashamed of themselves.  It's bad enough when people pick on non-family members (notice I said bad enough, NOT acceptable), but when you pick on your very own family it's disgraceful...your family should be your safe place to fall - people you can always count on no matter what size or shape you are.

OK, that's all...I just had to get that rant out.  I am SO grateful for the support of not only my family, but my fabulous group of friends.  I find myself receiving support/encouragement from people I don't even know (or hardly know)!!!  Do you know someone trying to lose weight/get in shape?  If so, please, please, please be the encouragement that they need.  You'd be surprised at how far a few kind/encouraging words can go and how much they will be appreciated :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo right, Dear. You have done marvelous...keep up the great work. Love ya

Grammy G's Advice for Life said...

Thanks AGAIN for the encourgement Tanya!!

renee said...

you're such a good person, tanya.