Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kickin’ Butt…literally

Pin It

KickBoxing-MARdb So I finally made it to kickboxing class at the Canada Games Centre last night.  I think I must have had it built up a lot in my mind.  I was sadly disappointed with the class.  I think I had more of an aerobics class-type class in mind – Billy Blanks Tae Bo or something similar.  This was more of a self-defence class.  Don’t get me wrong – I think self-defence classes are great!  BUT…if you are going there looking for a cardio workout…you’ll be let down.  In an hour long class, I got maybe 40 minutes of cardio in…not nearly what I’d planned for.  It’s possible that part of my not liking the class had to do with my shoulder injury AND I’d injured my knee (you should see the bruise!) the day before (both on my right side).  Apparently even though I am left handed, I am right side dominant in that my right side is my strong side and tends to be the side I put forward first…blocking punches, kicking, knee kicks, etc.  We had to partner up and I knew I was in BIG trouble when the girl I got partnered up with was the only person who brought her own gloves with her!!  She was tiny, but STRONG!  My poor shoulder…then we had to do the knee kick into the gloves…my poor knee…you should see the bruise now!  All in all, it was not my cup of tea.  I’m trying to talk myself into trying Zumba – perhaps when Anonymous Ann comes to visit next month we may get a chance to try it if we’re both up for it :)

On a happier note, all of my recipes this week were successes!!!!  The stuffed peppers were amazing.  This is the first time I’ve ever had ground turkey and it didn’t have that “ground turkey taste” (know what I mean?)  I will be making these again for sure.  The soup was very tasty too – next time I’ll double the recipe.

Looking for suggestions as I plan next week’s menu.  Sale items this week are chicken, haddock and sirloin steak (or roast) so I’ll be planning my menu somewhat around these sale items.  Any ideas folks??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm at a loss for recipes too.... I have eaten canned soup every night this week. I'm burnt out on planning other than fresh fruits, veggies and yogurt. Not much help, huh? lol

Tanya said...

I hear ya!! The four I tried last week were amazing...and I still have leftovers in the freezer, but I don't want to repeat them all this week. I've found a few new recipes to try. I'll post my reviews of them once they are cooked and tasted :) Stay tuned!