Monday, October 17, 2011

Is it spaghetti?

Pin It

IMG_1557 Or is it a vegetable?  It’s a VEGGIE!  It’s spaghetti squash :)  Yep, it pretty much looks like spaghetti.  I cooked some up tonight to have with my leftover Chicken and Chili that I made last night.  I topped the whole thing with low fat shredded cheddar cheese and voila!  An AMAZING supper.  If I thought the Chicken and Chili was good lastIMG_1560 night, mixing it with the spaghetti squash and cheese tonight was twice as good!  I am so glad that I doubled this recipe :)

 

Goals update:

Step Aerobics class – DONE!  Did it tonight and lived to tell the tale.  I am planning to go again next Monday night.  The same instructor teaches Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday night and she told me that Zumba steps are even easier than step and I didn’t find step all that bad.

Recipes – two made, two to go.  I am putting a big black X through that Curried Cauliflower soup in my cookbook.  Brought some for lunch today and just could not gag it down.  Ended up buying soup from the restaurant downstairs at work for lunch :( 

Sugar reduction – Treats this week are only allowed on alternating days (Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri…of course I chose the days that gave me 4 days of treats this week!).  So far, so good.  I have also replaced the sucralose (splenda) in my oatmeal in the morning with Stevia.  Apparently Stevia does not spike your blood sugar (and the inevitable crash) like real sugar, sucralose, aspartame, etc.  I have to say I find it awfully sweet (trying half as much tomorrow), BUT one thing I noticed yesterday and today is that my breakfast kept me full all morning long.  Ordinarily I find myself getting hungry by about 9:30-10:00.  This makes me happy.  I don’t always have time to stop and have a morning snack, so I try to have a bigger breakfast (oats, peanut butter, banana), but it doesn’t usually work.  I’m curious if the Stevia is what’s helping (preventing me from the sugar high/crash)?

Tomorrow I’m heading to see The Help after work – if there’s time, I will go to the gym after the movie, but I’m not too fussed if I don’t make it.  Wednesday night is KICKBOXING!  I’m gonna be kickin’ butt and takin’ names on Wednesday night!  Look out!

5 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Spaghetti Squash rocks. I am making it tonight actually. LOVE it!

Carbie Girl said...

I LOVE spaghetti squash... we picked one up yesterday to have later in the week! :0) I wish I could do Stevia but I simply can't get over the after taste :-(

Tanya said...

I love it too!

I have the same issue with Stevia... I'm trying to like it... I know it's better than some of the alternatives!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome!

Kim said...

I've been meaning to try spaghetti squash. I've never had it. I don't even remember seeing it in stores, but everyone talks about it. I need to try it. **Just put it on my shopping list!