Sunday, August 21, 2011

This week's nominees are...

Pin It
The nominees for potential recipes for this week are:

1) TVP Stuffed Peppers
2) Adzuki Butternut Squash Soup
3) Bulgur and Mushroom Burgers
4) Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

The first three are my effort to go a little more meatless in my diet this week.  The last one is just...well, because I love chocolate!  Oh, sorry for no recipe link for the stuffed peppers - I have no recipe in particular that I'll use, but my thought is to make some sort of spaghetti sauce and to use barley and TVP to thicken it up a bit and to stuff it into orange peppers...it will, of course, be spicy!

So that's it.  I'm off for the next two days so I have NO excuse not to make at least TWO of these recipes - if all goes well, I will make all four!  My goal for the next two weeks before I go away is to not eat out and to not buy my lunch at work once.

OK, I'm off to have steak for supper!  Stay tuned for Meatless Monday tomorrow to see how the winning (in selection only) recipe turns out.  Let me know your meatless favorites too :)

2 comments:

Shondi said...

I've made the muffins (sans glaze) - they are yummy!

Good luck with your meatless recipe search.

Tanya said...

Yes, I probably will leave the glaze off too :) Just think, this could be the week I try bulgur (ew, I still hate the name...sounds vulgar)