Friday, August 5, 2011

Setting a goal

Pin It My trainer has asked me to commit to strength training only TWICE per week.  I think I've mentioned before that I HATE strength training - detest it.  I don't mind so much when I work out with her, but on my own, it just ain't my thing.  I've tried putting a recurring appointment in my calendar for 3-4 times per week - up pops the reminder, out the door for a walk goes Tanya.  I'd much rather go for a walk.  But, as Kellie so kindly pointed out, strength training is going to be what shapes my body the way I want it to shape up.  Cardio alone will not do the trick (sadly).  So, here I am, setting a new goal.  Twice per week I am to go to the gym and check in by email with Kellie to let her know I've done it.  Think I can do it?  I hope so.  If I ever get my playground workout developed I can count that workout as one of my two.  I have some ideas in my head for this - I just need to work up the nerve to play it out on the playground...

On another note, I FINALLY sat down and pointed out what I actually ate last Saturday at my food-a-palooza.  I was close in estimating I'd used all my 49 points - I had 13 remaining by my best guess.  For the past couple of months I've been eating all 49 each week, so having 13 left over isn't too bad considering my lack of exercise this week.  I did work out today, but my total activity points for the week is only 21, which is seriously lacking.  Next week will be better (and will include two strength workouts!!).

Stay tuned for tomorrow's results!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! Get one of those mean trainers who school you and scold you...... ;) LOL