Monday, August 22, 2011

Meatless Monday - the verdict

Pin It So here are my three meals for today:

Breakfast:

Oatmeal with peanut butter, half a banana, a small peach and some fresh raspberries and maple cinnamon coffee...yummm



Lunch:  Omelet with veggies and cheese in half of a WW pita



















Supper:  Crockpot Barley and Red Beans (see this morning's post for recipe link), broccoli and green beans

Breakfast and lunch were great.  Supper... hmmm, I didn't HATE it.  But I also didn't love it.  The recipe made 6 servings, but I really think this would be best served as a side dish, in which case you would get 12 servings from the recipe.  Believe it or not, my entire supper (given I only ate half the serving) was TWO points!  A bargain...but, again, I didn't love it.  My plan for the leftovers:  pawn as much as I can off on friends!  Just kidding....sort of.  With some of the leftovers I think I will make my stuffed peppers.  To the mix I will add some leftover steak that I have in the fridge from last night and I will top them with cheese and bake in the oven.  I think this will turn out OK.  It'll still be a low point meal even with the beef :)

So my final verdict for Meatless Monday is....meh, I might do it again, I might not.  I would have to find some REALLY great suppertime meals in order to try it again.  I suspect it was psychological, but I kept thinking about meat all afternoon :)  I missed it! 

So there you have it folks - my take on Meatless Monday.

I will leave you with some photos of food from the past couple of days:

crystal light popsicle
Donut peaches
Skinny Cow minis - 4 points...yum! note the size compared to the blackberry :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought one of those little popsicle maker and the first time I tried to pull one out, the stick on the end broke off. I ran it under warm water to loosen one up and it did the same - I guess I got an el-cheapo and need to buy a better one. I want a Crystal Light pop!

Tanya said...

Haha, I had to run it under hot water for a LONG time to get it to budge. My popsicle make was cheap - $2 at Sobeys :) I think I will try freezing my mango smoothie in them next time.