Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Try this class, you'll just LOVE it!!...??

Pin It
Why is it that people who don't even know you say this to you?  This happens to me all the time - try this, you'll love it, try that, you'll just adore it!  I have to say, I reluctantly went to Aqua Zumba (Zumba in the pool) tonight.  At the front desk the girl tells me "you, you'll just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!" and "you should come to the land Zumba class on Tuesday nights - you'd love that TOO!"  Ok, first of all, she's never even met me before this minute..how does she know??  Does everyone in the entire world love Zumba on land and in water?  Ummm, NO.  Not everyone.  I know of at least one person who does not love Zumba. ME.  I have to say, I was not a fan.  At least not the Aqua Zumba.  The instructor was fine - he was a character, I'll say that for sure.  From everything I've seen and heard, there is no skill required for Zumba.  I beg to differ.  You do require coordination and rhythm - I don't care WHAT "they" say.  If you ain't got rhythm, Zumba ain't for you!  On top of that, a lot of the moves were just too much for my poor tender shoulder - apparently my shoulder still doesn't like treading water (or moving in certain directions)...  Oh well, live and learn, right?

One of the girls in the class co-teaches the hydrorider class at the pool on Tuesday nights.  She told me that only two people showed up at the class last night (even though it had full registration...paid registration!)  She told me to pop in next Tues night to see if it was full and if not, she'd let me join in (even though I'm not registered)... I am a bit leery... she told me at the start of tonight's class that I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE it...apparently she and another girl there following this teacher to all of his Zumba classes...like groupies...  We'll have to see what Tuesday brings.

Happy Canada Day / 4th of July (to my American cousins and friends) long weekend if I'm not blogging to you before then.  Heading to Prince Edward Island for the long weekend to visit some family I haven't seen in ages...really looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well there you go -- I was so hopefully that it was going to be something I might enjoy through your eyes. I suppose I would just cause a title wave with all my moves anyway! Back to the 'lazy, dog position on the couch I guess. We will have to try something different when you are here. xo Ann

The Fat Foreigner said...

So may people have recommended Zumba that I was considering getting a DVD or something (I don't do public exercise). It sounds like it *should* be fun, but I've always had the suspicion that it's going to be a disaster.

Anonymous said...

Prince Edward's Island? Oh JOY!!

It's a childhood dream of mine to visit there someday...because of Anne of Green Gables!

Happy Canada Day!

Tanya said...

You would love it! lol (see, I don't know you, but for some reason I think you'll love something...) I'm actually distantly related to the author of the Anne series (LM Montgomery) :-)