Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick update

Pin It
It's past my bedtime, so I'll make this quick.  So far for my Slimmer This Summer challenge goals I've done not too badly.  I walk/ran on Saturday and did so again tonight - tonight was my first day of week 2 of my learn to run program, so I did the walk 3, run 2 routine 3.5 times (the half was a one minute run - I was only supposed to do 3 repetitions, but new I could eek out one more short run).  I found the two minute run WAY harder than the one minute one (I suppose that makes sense).  On Saturday when I was out, my only run was a 2 minute one at the end of my walk - I didn't find that too hard though...must be different on at treadmill. 

I also cooked tonight - first time in ages I've cooked a multi-meal meal (if you know what I mean).  I made a big pot of soup with the chicken/carcass of my Costco chicken that I got on the weekend.  I think this was my best soup ever - had two bowls of it for supper! 

I asked my physiotherapist (apparently in the US they call them physical therapists...hmm, who knew?) if he thought I might be ready for Aqua Zumba starting in late June...he thinks maybe YES!  Woohoo...I might actually graduate from physio sometime soon I hope!

Well, that's it for updates.  I'm off to bed - started working earlier hours recently and also started taking the bus to work, so am getting up earlier.  I don't mind the bus ride in in the mornings, but...sadly I forgot my iPod at work tonight :-(  That means I have to listen to the bus-gossip...great.

'night all!

Tanya (I have to figure out one of those fancy signatures I see everyone has...)

5 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

It's past my bedtime too, just waiting for the kids to brush their teeth and stuff and then we're all headed for bed! Alarm goes off way too early! Nice on the soup, I LOVE to make a big pot of soup! Aqua Zumba, sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you to try Aqua-Zumba! You will have to tell me all the moves. You will be like an disco flipper in water!

Ann

Tanya said...

Hahaha, you almost made me snort Ann! Now THAT'S an image for me to have in my mind... I'm picturing a dolphin doing zumba in the water with a disco ball overhead! ;-)

Katie J ♥ said...

I just learned there was Aqua Zumba yesterday! How ironic you posted about it.

BTW, if you want one of the signatures you can customize, I use http://mylivesignature.com/ and have it imbedded into each post. Let me know if you need help

Tanya said...

Thanks Katie! I'll give that a try.