Saturday, June 4, 2011

Keep on keepin' on

Pin It
I don't know if it was the running this week or what, but I lost FIVE pounds!  In my nearly two years of this journey I have NEVER had a week with a loss that big!  I had to ask the lady to double check and see that we were seeing what we were seeing...sure enough, there it was :-)  I am choosing to believe it was the running - this is my incentive to keep going (only run twice so far - tonight is the third run for the week). 

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I have booked my flight to the UK for September.  Only 13 weeks from today I leave...I am so excited!  I was talking to my friend in the UK today and she told me about a new trail in her village that she will show me for walking and she also told me she has a bike I can use when I'm there...along with a hand-held GPS device so I don't get lost!  I have scouted out the nearest WW meetings and have found a time I think might work when we're in town.  It's a bit too far to bike, but I have the bus schedule figured out (I think) too.  I am not going to be as strict with my food while I am away - I told her today that I thought the 80/20 rule was a good rule of thumb.  Behave during the week and then splurge a bit on the weekends.  I can't wait for Thai food over in England...it's the best Thai food I've ever had (and I've been to Thailand!).  I need to realize that this trip is about the people and the scenery, NOT the food. 

I think I might try swimming tomorrow.  I haven't done laps in a pool in about 20 years or so.  I know I can swim, but I'm just not sure for how long.  I'm also a bit nervous about my shoulder with swimming.  I guess I can always bring my gym clothes and head to the gym if the pool doesn't work out ;-)

Well, I'm off to bake my BBQ'd supper...yes, I put it on the BBQ and poof, I ran out of propane :-(  I guess I shoulda brought my tank with me to Costco this morning...  Oh well...baked chicken ain't so bad! 

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Nice on the weight loss!! Great start! Oh, you'll have an awesome trip in 13 weeks! Svelt and thin too! :-)

Tanya said...

Thanks Debbi!!