Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm not overweight!

Pin It
As most of you who've known me for a while know, I'm a charts and graphs and numbers kinda gal.  These things speak to me when it comes to viewing my weight loss.  They speak to me more than the mirror even sometimes.  While playing with the BMI calculator on the Live Strong website today I had a serious "aha moment" .  I realized that I am NOT overweight.  Awesome, right?  I am the perfect weight, but I just need to grow about 6 more inches to get to the normal BMI level!  Now which will be easier?  Losing 27 pounds or growing 6 inches I wonder?  If only I were 6' 2" tall... *sigh*

Some days I am really ready for this journey to be over, but when logic kicks in, I know that this is a lifestyle change and I will be on this journey forever.  Logic also reminds me that once I get to the "end" of this part of the journey (hopefully) the charts and graphs won't be moving much, if at all.  Then what?  I think I talked about this in another post recently, so forgive me if this is a re-hash :-) 

I am working on another post that I may get up later today - A Letter to My Skinny Self... stay tuned.

Well, I'm off to walk the WW 5K Challenge.  I was supposed to participate in Bedford, but I'm not sure that I'll know anyone there, so I'm going to do it myself in my own neighbourhood.  There's no rule that says you have to do it with the WW group - you just have to do 5K during the week in order to get the 5K charm (I do 5K quite a bit, so I'm sure I'll qualify either way).  I'm going to put on an inspiring Jillian Michaels podcast and walk my little heart out.

2 comments:

Marilee said...

Great goal for today! I mean the 5K; not the increase in height. Hope it's a nice day for a long walk.

Tanya said...

Haha, thanks Marilee! It was a great walk. 5.61 kms in 59 minutes!