Saturday, June 11, 2011

I failed

Pin It
Not entirely, mind you.  I did have a gain this week, which was disappointing.  Someone did remind me that I did lose five pounds this week, so it's not too bad.  I'm still down 108.1.  It feels sometimes like I take two steps forward and three steps back - that's gonna make for a long journey don't ya think?  Hahaha  On the plus side, I know it wasn't from something I did myself...stuck to program and worked out regularly...that's really all I can do, right?

As per my blog post the other day about my trainer and her advice about eating more, I started that today.  I have divided my 49 weekly points up between the 7 days and will eat them ALL this week.  If I am still hungry when they are gone, I will eat activity points.

Today I did day three of week two of learning to run.  Since I began this, I've run outside on a gravel trail, on a sidewalk, on two different kinds of treadmills and today on an indoor track.  Haven't decided yet which one I prefer :-)  Next week my run (really, more of a jog) time increases to THREE minutes.  EEEKS!!!  Oh well, that's what I thought of two minutes coming into this week!


Goals for the week:
  • Get my three runs in (NINE minutes total running time)
  • Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day
  • Eat my 7 extra points every day 
  • Plan for snacks (I'm not much of a daytime snacker, but need to eat more regularly)
  • Lose 1.9 pounds (to reach 110)
PS - Flipper, the pics for you Buddy!

    14 comments:

    Karyn said...

    Hey Tanya...what an inspiration you are!! And I love the attitude...all you can do is what you can do! I look forward to following you during this challenge!

    Tanya said...

    Thanks Karyn! I've been reading through your blog this morning. You're awesome! Looking forward to following you as well.

    Kristy said...

    What an amazing accomplishment losing over 100 pounds. I'm trying to start jogging, but I have 100 extra pounds on my body so it's going a little slow. I've been on the treadmill, but ran on a gravel road yesterday...man what a difference.

    Carrie said...

    I agree with Kristy, losing over 100 pounds is amazing! Keep up the great work! You can DO it!

    Tanya said...

    Thanks Carrie & Kristy! Yes Kristy, running on the treadmill is so different from running on gravel. I think the gravel is a bit easier (well...none of it's easy!!) Good luck with your running :-)

    Anonymous said...

    Oh Tanya, I know how frustrating it is to gain weight when you do everything right! Grrrs! My trainer tells me the same thing, that I need to eat more - specifically protein to help build muscle. Everything in my head screams NO! DON'T EAT MORE!!

    I'm anxious to see how it works out for you this week!

    Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

    Lots of us have "steps back" weeks, but then that reinvigorates us to try harder. you didn't give up. You found a new way to deal. You are working it. That's totally a victory in my book: not quitting, working to fix an issue, finding new ways, keeping the goal in mind.

    Onward to a great week. Blessings...

    Anonymous said...

    You have done Great so far! We all have goofies sometimes. I definately do. My weigh in is tomorrow :( I'm so nervous. We just have to keep on going and trying hard and our goals will come to us.

    Keep up the good work!

    Unknown said...

    You have been doing awesome so kudos and I hope I do as well overtime!!

    Michele said...

    You have a great attitude which is really helpful to all of us here on the STS challenge. Here's to an even better week 2. Stay strong, michele

    Tanya said...

    Thanks!

    Lisa said...

    I am so impressed! Overall losses are terrific. (I agree w/trainer's advice; make sure they're bulky, nutrient-dense foods.) Will be checking back on your progress. :)

    Tanya said...

    Thanks Lisa! The week of eating all my points is almost over..so far my home scales are not moving, but...I should know by now that they're not always bang on with Weight Watchers... one more day!

    Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

    You've done awesome, hope this plan works and you'll have a great week. I don't think you failed at all. :-)