Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

Pin It
I'm still working on my 10 points of protein per day, so today's grand idea was to have an egg on toast for lunch.  I gingerly packed my raw egg in a nice little gladware container all safe and sound so as not to crack it.  Put my lunch bag in the fridge at work and low and behold, at lunchtime he was still in one piece!  I was going to scramble him up and put some cheese I had brought with me in it and pop him in the microwave for a minute.  I sprayed the mug (egg sticks big time!) with cooking spray and cracked my egg.... all over the counter NEXT to the mug!  In all my egg-cracking years, I have NEVER missed the bowl/mug!!!  So for lunch, I had a tiny bit of cheese on dry toast :(  Sad, I know ;-)  I would have had an egg when I got home from work for a bit of added protein, but, alas, that was the last one... Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards are bare...

Supper has turned out much better!  I am having shrimp "fried" "rice" (made with quinoa)...so yummy!  Also high in sodium, but, meh, who cares today?! 

Sorry this is upside down...computer is misbehaving!

0 comments: