Friday, June 24, 2011

How much of this is mental?

Pin It
I was out for my walk tonight and on the way back I was approaching a hill and my first thought was "Great, another stupid hill... I can't do it, I'll be winded!"  Then I realized that I've walked up much greater hills than this in recent months without getting winded at all... Why did I look at this hill and all of a sudden revert back to the old me who would have been seriously winded?  How many other things is my "old mind" holding me back from accomplishing?  Sometimes I think that the trouble I have with running for any amount of time is mental - for some reason I think part of me is afraid...afraid I can't do it...I don't know.  How long does it take to really realize what I am capable of in my new body?  How do you conquer these old fears that creep up on you?  I know full well that I can walk up hills.  I can walk a kilometer in under 10 minutes on a good day.  I can run for up to 2 minutes, 30 seconds.  Most of me KNOWS I'm not the same person... but then there's that little devil sitting in my shoulder sometimes that says "Who do you think you are? You can't do THAT"...  Oh my...some days I really think this whole game is 95% mental and only 5% diet and exercise!

Happy Friday everyone...stay tuned for tomorrow's weigh in results - week two of eating all 49 points and week one of eating 10 points worth of true lean protein (chicken, fish, eggs)...the only day I didn't get 10 points worth was today....it's really TOUGH!  Not feeling any lighter this week, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

0 comments: