Saturday, May 7, 2011

Not so successful

Pin It
So my grand plans to not eat after 8pm and to limit my treats to one per day were not as successful as I had planned.  So many days this week I didn't get home to even start cooking supper until after 8pm...makes it hard not to eat when you haven't had supper yet!  The one treat per day went OK..until Friday when I forgot I'd had a brownie during the day and then had some dark chocolate at night.  Good thing it's a new week!

I lost 1.1 pounds today at my weigh in.  Not fantastic, but not bad either.  I'm still averaging 1.3 pounds per week overall.  The good news is that I am now 29.9 pounds away from my goal weight!  I still haven't decided if I will go all that way or stop before I get there (in consultation with my doctor).  I am very receptive to what others have to say in this regard - if I start getting comments that I'm losing too much, I will take it to heart...  I don't think I'm in danger of getting to that point anytime soon though!  I looked in the mirror the other day and noticed that with my new haircut, my HEAD looks smaller...and my shoulders/neck area are smaller for sure.  The rest of me...meh, not so much.  My main areas of concern are my belly area and my upper legs.  I might have to investigate foods I should be eating to get rid of belly fat since that seems to be where it's all concentrated now!

I had some more of my Litehouse salad dressing tonight.  I made an amazing spinach salad with craisins, blueberries, light feta (did you know it's the same # of points+ as regular?!), mixed beans, cucumber, baby bella mushrooms, orange peppers, red onions....soooo yummy!  Nearly as good as a salad from Pete's Frootique.

So folks, any suggestions on something I can try this week to shake up my body (food or exercise-wise)?  My exercise is limited because of my shoulder and tailbone (cardio has been my go-to exercise lately - walking outside or treadmill and stairmaster).

0 comments: