Friday, May 6, 2011

Finally, some reviews!

Pin It It's been a while since I've done any new food reviews.  Tonight for supper I tried two new items.  First was the Veggie Patch Falafel Chickpea Balls and I dipped them in Litehouse Sesame Ginger Dressing.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the chickpea balls (even the name through me off!)  They were very good!!  I'm not sure I would pay the price I did for them again (and they were on sale), but I'll happily finish the package I bought tonight.  The dressing was amazing.  At only 20 calories per tablespoon, I will be buying it again for sure.  Don't be thrown by the nutritional info on their website - it does not match the bottle (same with the chickpea balls).  Chickpea balls were 4 points+ for 4 balls and the dressing was 3 Tbsp for 1 point+ - a real bargain.

I forgot to post about my baked peanut butter oatmeal that I made on Sunday morning.  It was AMAZING!  Not sure if it's worth the 5 points+ per serving...one serving just wasn't that filling.  I tried it topped with some of Gina's pumpkin butter (another new recipe I tried this week) and it was good, but for a 7 point+ breakfast...a little disappointing.  I will try playing around with the recipe to see if I can lower the points a bit.  I think once I get my PB2 in the US next weekend I'll be able to make it for much lower points.

0 comments: