Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tuna - it's not just for tuna melts anymore!

Pin It
Today I tried a recipe from a non-healthy-food website (shocking!!).  I tried one from the Campbell's Food website called Greek Tuna Broccoli Bake.  I thought it sounded good and when I calculated the points it worked out to 9 Points+ per serving - BUT that serving would be a complete meal.  A 9 Point+ meal isn't that bad in my books! 


pre-baking photo

post-baked photo (that's browning on the top from the broiling, not olives...yuck)

it in my bowl (yes, you need a bowl for this I think)

Overall it was great!  The brown rice doesn't absorb the liquid very well, but I never do find that brown rice gets light and fluffy like white rice does.  The brown rice in this recipe had a chewy texture with a slight bit of crunch.  But it wasn't a bad crunch.  I kinda liked it.  I may pre-cook the rice next time and see how it goes.  4.5/5 is my rating on this one.  

2 comments:

ragemichelle said...

Oh..this looks freaking awesome. I'm adding it to my list.

I'm GOING to start doing more cooking. We've been so uninspired. And we've eaten a sh*t ton of chili this Winter.

Angie said...

Thank you for sharing on WMWW!