Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet or Salty?

Pin It
What is your preference for treats?  Sweet or Salty?  Personally, I have times when I crave BOTH and just can't choose one.  Today was one of those days.  Several years ago a friend of mine introduced me to popcorn with M&Ms added in (while the popcorn was still hot)...thank you Danielle!  Today that's just what I wanted, but I did not want to spend the 6 Points+ on the 1/4 cup of M&Ms that I have in the house - I will save those (dark chocolate, peanut imported from the US) for a special occasion.  Tonight I popped my 3 Point+ bag of microwave popcorn and added 2 tablespoons of mini dark chocolate chips (2 Points+) for a very satisfying 5 Points+ treat.  It was SO good.  Now I will caution you - the "naked" chocolate does melt and make a bit of a mess, unlike the candy-coated chocolate, but still worth it!

2 comments:

Shondi said...

Mini dark chocolate chips?! Haven't seen those around. You know how I feel about popcorn though...

Tanya said...

Oops! Sorry, my mistake...not dark, semi-sweet. Wish they were dark- something to look for on my next US shopping trip!