Saturday, January 1, 2011

Staight to the Source

Pin It
Source Yogurt, that is!  I have to admit, I have never been a big yogurt person.  I wanted to be a yogurt eater.  It's a nice portable snack to bring to work, something different to add to your breakfast and it's such the 'in' thing to eat ;-)  Over the years I've purchased several different yogurts only to toss them out after the expiration date.  A while ago I hit the jackpot though.  I tried the President's Choice yogurts (vanilla and raspberry flavours) and loved them!  On the old WW program I think they were 1 point per serving....now they are 3.  Then, while at Mom and Dad's place for lunch one day, Mom had Source's dessert yogurt (Lemon Meringue Pie!) with raspberries on top...oh my!!  It's amazing!  On the new PointsPlus program 1 cup is 1 point!  Half a cup is zero!  So I can have a half cup with a half cup of raspberries on top (slightly thawed frozen raspberries are the best, I must admit) for ZERO points!  I am in love.  I've tried other flavours, but the Lemon is my favorite (I'm a big lemon/lime fan...wish they'd come out with Key Lime Pie flavour!!). 

Recently, as some of you may know, WW made all fruit zero points.  This is HUGE for big fruit eaters - especially the whole banana thing (large banana was 2pts before!).  I have never been much for fruit, I'm more of a veggie person, but I've started buying more apples and bananas since the new program came out.  On Christmas Eve, our family was having a chocolate fondue (our new family tradition now).  I so wanted to enjoy my evening and I was going to have chocolate, but I needed to find a way to keep my chocolate consumption in check without feeling deprived.  Then I remembered...at the grocery stores they often have a fruit dip with their fruit trays.  I don't eat their fruit dip anymore - developed an allergy to strawberries in my 20s and these dips are usually made with strawberry yogurt (or the staff have no clue what kind they used!).  I did know that it was basically just yogurt and cool whip.  So for Christmas Eve I made fruit dip.  Here's my "recipe":

2 cups source yogurt of choice (I used peach on Christmas Eve and subsequently made it with lemon)
1 cup Cool Whip 95% fat free whipped topping
1 tsp vanilla (I used REAL vanilla, not artificial)

Mix together and chill.  Serve with fruit of your choice - I tried it with watermelon, mango, banana and apple. Wasn't a fan of it with mango, but the rest were yummy!! 

1/4 of the recipe = 1 point (including the fruit!)

5/5 rating for this one!

0 comments: