Saturday, January 8, 2011

Motivation needed...I think

Pin It
I've been on this journey for just over 15 months.  Lately the journey has been frustrating.  I'm still doing everything "on program" 99% of the time (a slip up maybe every few months where I have a day when I don't track...usually ends up being a meal that I don't track).  My average weekly weightloss for the past month is 0.5lbs per month.  I am not happy with these numbers.  I say I need motivation - is it really motivation I need?  Or maybe I need a change.  My current gym membership expires on the 19th of this month and I am 99% sure that I will not renew.  We have a new fitness centre due to open this month in my neighbourhood that I am going to join (gym, indoor running/walking track, pool, etc.).  Now I know the opening will be delayed by at least a month (these things always are!) and then the Centre will be closed for the Canada Games for 2 weeks at the end of February.  So here we have it.  There will be at least a month and a half where I will have no gym access.  I have a couple of options.  The gym in my complex at work will let me have a monthly membership for a LOT less than my current gym (who wants almost $70/month if I don't re-sign for a year!).  The problem with this gym is that it is located downtown, so I either have to go before or after work (I know I won't get in the car and drive down there outside of work hours).  My current gym has locations all over the city.   My  trainer is at the gym at work.  Trainers at the work gym are MUCH cheaper than my current gym and if I sign up as a member, I get my PT sessions even cheaper.  Hmm, I think what I might do is sign up for 2 months downtown and add some more PT sessions...ok, decision made! 

Ok, so I still feel like I need a change.  But I don't know what.  I've been doing my Wii Fit Plus and loving it, but I know it's not an honest-to-goodness workout - it's a nice addition to "real" workouts, but doing the Wii Fit alone just isn't going to cut it (so says the 0.6 lbs I lost this week while I avoided the gym and did Wii Fit only).  I think I need some variety in my meals.  I have the same breakfast every day - "real" oatmeal (not instant or quick oats) with a tablespoon of peanut butter and either a banana or apple cut up in it.  Lunches I really struggle with...you can only eat so many sandwiches and salads.  Ideas anyone?  My suppers are fairly consistent too - roasted sweet potatoes, roasted other veggies (some combo of cauliflower, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.) and then either chicken or fish (usually Tilapia or Salmon).  All roasted.  All the time.  I add my olive oil to my veggies and then add spices - usually the spices vary a little bit, but my fav is the Chipotle Chili Powder.  I honestly have no problem with repeat breakfasts and dinners.  But I suspect that my body might.  Am I crazy?  Maybe so.

Now I'm not a bad one for BLTs (bites, licks and tastes) or picking at things, but occasionally I do do this.  I am going to make a conscious effort to NOT pick - and if I do, I'll count the points because:
I think I need to come up with a meal plan.  I do pre-plan my meals - but only one day at a time.  I think that's why I like the consistent meals that I've been eating - they taste good and require very little planning.  Tomorrow I think I will pop into the WW centre and buy the new WW PointsPlus cookbook (I have a $5 coupon!) and try some new recipes. I'm also going to make a Squash Apple Soup recipe that Mom emailed me yesterday - sounds like a good lunch idea to me!

Ok folks, it's time to hit the ground running!!!  I saw Dr Oz this week and he had the numbers 2010 on the stage (big!) and he kicked the last zero out of the way and replaced it with the number one, which he pointed out was a nicer looking number...the 1 is much skinnier than the 0...this year will be a skinnier year for me too.  This year I WILL reach my goal.  I don't care if it kills me!!

Are you with me?  Will 2011 be a year of change positive change?  Never ever ever give up!

Don't forget to visit yesterday's post to enter my giveaway contest!  Only comments left ON the giveaway post will count towards the draw!


4 comments:

ragemichelle said...

Yes! 2011 is going to be my year. I started in 2010, without realizing I was gonna change last year.

I'm going into this year with my eyes wide open. Let's make it a good one, shall we??

Tanya said...

Yes, we shall! Mine started in 2009 (October) and I am refusing to let it continue into 2012!

Shondi said...

I have no doubt that you will make it to goal this year!

Tanya said...

Thanks Shondi! Got your entry into the giveaway. So far it's you and one other person :-) Your odds are VERY good of winning! There's a random number generator that I will use to pick the winner tomorrow night. Good luck!