Thursday, December 30, 2010

Spicy Stuffed Peppers and My Wii!

Pin It I am off work until next year!  Yay!  Ok, so that just means I am off today, tomorrow and the weekend, and go back to work Monday, but it feels good to be off for the rest of the year. 

To kill time today while waiting for my new Wii to arrive, I decided to make stuffed peppers.  There are about a bazillion different recipes out there and really, it's not that complicated to make stuffed peppers.  You take ground meat of some sort, tomato sauce, veggies and either rice or barley, some peppers and cheese if you like and voila!  Stuffed peppers!

Here is the recipe I used (click recipe to enlarge):


These turned out amazing!  Not bad for 5pts each (11pts for 2).  I had 2 for supper with some roasted sweet potato on the side.  Yum!




So I picked up my new Wii tonight!  I was one of the few fortunate ones.  Apparently ALL of the Staples online orders received between Dec 24 and Dec 28 were delayed due to a computer crash.  I placed my order on December 25th and miraculously it arrived!!!  Very odd...  So I have the Wii, the Wii Fit Plus, the Wii Balance Board (and the Energizer charger for it)...but I can't get my balance board to sync Wii console :-(  I may have to get my brother to look at it I think...good thing there's a techie genius in the family!  I did pick up the Jeopardy game though!  I liked it a lot (yes, I'm a bit geeky).

Tomorrow is first post-Christmas weigh in.  I think I'm down a pound-ish...Hoping for at least 2 to recover from last week's two pound gain, but I will take what I can get this time of year!

Stay tuned tomorrow when I will share my low fat fruit dip recipe (that I could just eat right out of the bowl - forget the fruit!!!)

0 comments: