Monday, December 20, 2010

It warmed my heart

Pin It I thought that people had forgotten what holiday was coming up.  I keep hearing Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings, but rarely do I hear Merry Christmas.  I do understand that not everyone celebrates Christmas.  I mean no disrespect when I wish you Merry Christmas.  Christmas is my holiday that I celebrate and I want to wish people the merriest of days.  To me, it's no different than someone of the Jewish faith wishing me a Happy Hanukkah - I would take no offence to that.  I'd say thank you, smile and carry on. 

There, that's my little Merry Christmas rant.  Take it however you will, but please know that I am not out to offend anyone who is not a Christian and who does not celebrate the birth of our Lord. 

My heart grew and grew and grew!

Last night I went to the grocery store over by Mom and Dad's place on my way home.  Walking through the store I saw a lady trying to decide if she should buy the Scotsburn Hoofprints frozen yogurt (you've heard me rave about this before), so I spoke up and told her how amazing it is, so she decided to buy it.  A few steps later we catch up with her hubby and he asks what it is - I told him it was terrible, he wouldn't like it! ;-)  Us women have to stick together...if the men find out this is good stuff, they'll eat it all!!  haha.  Anyways, as they "drove off" with their cart, they wished me a Merry Christmas and my heart grew a little bit bigger.  At the cash register, the cashier wished me a Merry Christmas too!!  Heart grew a few more sizes bigger.  When I got home, one of the people who lives in my building was arriving home at the same time as me and, not only held the door for me (my arms were laden with grocery bags!), but she wished me a Merry Christmas too!!  Not surprising to some, but I'd say more than half of my building is Jehovah Witness and they don't celebrate Christmas.  My heart GREW GREW GREW!  After rarely hearing Merry Christmas over the past few weeks, I heard it from three unexpected places (from strangers!) in less than an hour!  I have to admit, until this time, my Christmas spirit had been a bit squashed.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night...er, good day...I guess I still have to go to work!  Please don't be afraid to wish me a Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Ragemichelle said...

Merry Christmas to you too!!! Just a few more days!

Tanya said...

Thanks Michelle!!

marlieben said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Its my favourite time of the year by far. Too bad its also the time when I also overdo on the eating front as well.

Tanya said...

Oh my, you have no idea! I just got back from my office carolling event...is there an undo button for eating??? WI on Friday AM is NOT going to be good - I'm planning to see a gain (totally my fault).