Friday, December 10, 2010

Are the wobbly bits...a little less wobbly?

Pin It Perhaps it's my imagination, but looking in the mirror this morning as I was drying my hair (ok, I confess it was this afternoon...today I had the day off and didn't shower until almost noon!) and my wobbly bits under my arms seemed a bit..well, less wobbly (you know, the part that hangs down and continues waving 5 minutes after you've stopped...I think that part is actually supposed to be on the TOP!)  My trainer at the gym told me that I would notice shape changing much quicker with strength training than I would with cardio as the strength training will begin to tone the wobbly bits.  I've only been doing the weights for a couple of weeks, but I'm sure I can see a difference. 

I am anxious to see what tomorrow's weigh in will bring.  I've been following the new WW program for 5 days now and I still feel like I'm eating too much food.  I am struggling with what to eat.  Before the new program, I knew what I could eat for snacks and meals without doing much thinking about it.  Now I'm hesitant.  As I mentioned before, the new program uses fat, fibre, carbs and protein to figure out the points.  Fat and fibre I am familiar with, but carbs and protein are new to me (well, clearly they are not NEW to me as I've eaten them my whole life, but counting them or acknowledging them IS new to me).  I used to be able to look at a package's nutritional information and have a good guesstimate of the points...now I have no sweet clue!!  Oh well, I'm sure it'll come with time.  Tomorrow I will attend the WW meeting and finally get the in-person scoop on the new program.  It'll be interesting to see how good the WW online does at explaining the program and it's ins and outs.  I've often wondered how people who are not familiar with WW do on the online-only program.  

Well, I am off to peruse my cookbooks I took out of the library.  Need some new ideas for meals.  Tomorrow after weigh in, Cheryl and I are going to a class at Goodlife called Newbody...I'm a bit scared.  I've only ever done one fitness class in my entire life...if I'm not back by mid-afternoon tomorrow, better send the troops to find me!!

PS - my blog rolled over 1,000 page views today!!!  Wooohooo!!  I think people are actually reading this!

0 comments: