Thursday, November 11, 2010

Turkey meatloaf that doesn't TASTE like turkey!

Pin It Oh my, this meatloaf as SOOO good!  I found it online here: http://20pointsaday.blogspot.com/2008/01/what-in-world-do-you-eat.html  I made a few modifications:  I only had 0.89lbs of turkey, I had no eggs, so I used 3 Tbsp of egg whites (egg beater type), I added a bit of orange pepper, added garlic, added some chipotle chili powder and some Epicure meatloaf seasoning and I added 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce (chipotle maple stuff that I bought while in the US last month) over the top before I put it in the oven.  Next time I will make it in muffin tins to make portioning easier.  It was SO amazing that I ate TWO servings (shame on me, I know, but I had the points available to cover it).  I am happy to say I will be having leftovers tomorrow night for supper.  Sorry I did not take any photos, but while it tasted amazing, it doesn't look so pretty :-)

Oh, forgot to mention - if you make 5 servings out of this, it works out to 4 pts each if you make it with my modifications.

0 comments: