Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Apple craving...strange

Pin It So this week, today in particular, I have been craving gala apples BIG TIME.  Sobeys has them on sale this week and they are the best apples I have ever eaten.  I picked up a few on my way to visit Mom in the hospital last Friday...went and got more on Sunday...and picked up another half-dozen tonight on my way home.  I had one in my purse and I just HAD to eat it.  Strange...usually that happens with a chocolate bar, not an apple :-)

Left work a scootch early tonight and headed for the gym hoping to avoid the supper hour crowds.  Turns out 4:15 is a great time to arrive at the gym!  Hardly a soul around and I even got to use the cardio equipment upstairs (away from all the people) which I never get to use!  I did 10 minutes (record!) on the stair master/stair climber and 21 minutes on the treadmill plus 5 minutes on a new (to me) machine.  It's kinda like the elliptical, but the handles don't move and it's more like the pedals are climbing a wall than going in walking motion (clear as mud, I know).  It's odd - there is no name on the machine...but let me tell you, it was HARD!  I'm going to see if I can find a picture of it...hang on.  Ok, it's something like this: 

I was dying after 5 mins!  I will have to see if I can do 7 mins tomorrow...stay tuned.

Well, tomorrow is Remembrance Day, so if you enjoy your freedom, thank a Vet or one of our currently serving heroes .  We are so blessed to live in a free country like Canada.  Thank you to those who fought and continue to fight in order to keep our country free.

2 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

That looks a lot like my Evil-iptical. HATE that machine. Nothing is as soul crushing as getting on there and within 1 minute realizing what a mistake it was. Especially if there are other people around, and they are rocking it. I just hang my sweet little head and step down... ;)
I know when I have been beat.
Apple cravings? Wow. Were they covered in carmel? Those are the only kind I crave! (giggle)

Tanya said...

I think that's a perfect name for this machine. NOT a fan...but now I feel like I have to conquer it! Going for 6 or 7 mins next time.

Nope apple wasn't dipped in anything...these gala apples were AMAZINGLY sweet. Mom phoned me today to find out what kind they were (I brought her one in the hospital last week)...I ended up eating my apple in the car on the way to the grocery store last night - couldn't even wait til I got home!