Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The anticipation is killing me!!!

Pin It This coming Sunday is the Canadian launch of the new PointsPlus system at Weight Watchers.  The UK has had their version (ProPoints) for a while now and it launched in the US this week.  As most of you know, my regular weigh in day is Saturday (the day before the launch!), so rather than mess with my mojo and change my weigh in day (not going to happen...I love my Sat morning leader!), I will weigh in on Saturday as usual and then Sunday morning I will attend the launch meeting and pick up a points calculator - sadly I will not get my books on the new program until NEXT Saturday when I weigh in....BUT I am an e-tools user, and I understand that it will launch on e-tools on Sunday night...thus giving me the info I will need!

I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  I've followed the WW Points systems (yes, plural) over the years - probably since the program came out in the 90s, so even times when I'm not on WW, I can look at a food item and with a fair degree of accuracy either KNOW the point value OR by looking at the NI, can quickly guess at the point value...not so much with this new program...back to square one!  BUT I think this will be good for me.  After having lost over 90lbs in the past 14 months, I think my body is ready for a change and this could be what I need to kick my butt to the finish line!  Hmmm....maybe it'll be enough to hit 100lbs by the end of December!! lol That's being REALLY optimistic :-)

For now I am living vicariously through my US blogging buddies (thanks TJ and Danica for the quick and detailed reviews!)  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW BOOKS!!!!  I love new WW books, gadgets and cookbooks...I might have to buy a new cookbook too :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoot!!! I really like the new point system - much better accounting for fiber and protein along with the carbs.