Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's a sad, sad day...

Pin It Well, today I was hoping would be a celebration day.  Last week I was 0.4lbs away from an 80lb loss and my one year Weight Watchers anniversary.  My leader Terry said she looked forward to giving me another 5lb star this week and celebrating my my anniversary with WW.

I get to the meeting this morning and where I usually see Terry, Madeline and Anne Marie at the scales, I only see Anne Marie...and two strangers.  I don't like strangers...not at a WW meeting when it comes to leaders/weighers.  I'm a creature of habit - I always weigh in on the far right scale with Terry.  There's an odd sense in the meeting room.  Everything is quiet.  Terry's Saturday morning classes are usually jam packed (the 7:30am AND the 9:45am) and they are quite lively...this morning there was something different in the air.

I get on the scale with one of the "strangers" on the far left scale (I know, a scales is a scale, it makes no difference, just like it makes no difference WHO weighs me in)...and I'm up 1.4lbs...I get off and get back on again and yup, 1.4lb gain is what I have achieved this week.  Way to go Tanya...  Part of me knows that this is only my second gain in 52 weeks of WW, but part of me is SO mad at myself and ready to give it all up. I always post my losses on Facebook when I sit down in the meeting - it's something I've been doing for a while now and I find it helps ME and keeps me honest and motivated.  Friends of mine have said that it inspires them too.  Now I really, really HATE to let people down.  My first thought when I sat down was that I would not post anything this morning.  I decided to be honest with myself and others and to post my gain.  I was feeling OK about things, ready to start with a fresh week...and then Fiona (aka "Stranger #2") walked into the meeting room and told us she had bad news for us and good news.  The bad news is that Terry is no longer with Weight Watchers.  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  I thought maybe she would say she was sick and would be back next week or that she was on vacation...but nope, she's never coming back.  Fiona tells us that the "good news" is that she will be our new leader.  The jury is still out on whether or not this is actually good news.  She runs things very different from Terry.  I know change isn't always bad, so I'm going to reserve judgment at this time.

I'm not going to analyze how traveling for work affected my weight or how social events took over my week.  The week is over and done with and today is the start of a new week.  I won't be at WW next Saturday since I'll be in Ottawa, but am hoping to weigh in before I leave on Friday night. 

So that is all I have to say today.  I'm sad.  I'm going to hibernate for a while and then clean with a vengeance.

0 comments: