Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy days are here again!

Pin It Had a great WW meeting this morning - it certainly helped that I was down 2.4lbs!  My total, as you can see from my tracker, is now 84.4 lbs.  Our leader asked us to set a small goal for ourselves today to be met by the week before Christmas (8 weeks from today!)  My goal for this 8 week period is to lose 12 pounds.  If I maintain my momentum of 1.5 lbs per week, that should be totally achievable.  I am still maintaining my goal that my trainer set for me (another 25.2 pounds by Feb 5 I think it was), but I think it will help to set a smaller goal.  It's so strange to be thinking of such small numbers now - when I first I first started this journey, the amount seemed SO big that it felt like I would never even get close!  Now that it's almost here, it hardly seems real.  I'm still struggling with body image problems in that when I look in the mirror without my clothes on (at home people, not in public!!) I still see the same person from 84 pounds ago.  I need to work on that (along with my obsession with numbers).  I'm afraid if I don't deal with the body image problems that things will be harder for me once I am at goal. 

Well, I'm off to finish watching Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel and then go to bed.  Must remember to turn on the crockpot first - the folks are joining me for lunch.  Roast beef, baby red and yellow potatoes and rainbow carrots in the crockpot and broccoli on the side...yummm...it's been a while since I've had roast beef!  I'm not a huge red meat eater, but I do so love a good roast beef dinner :-)  Hmm, perhaps I will send the scales home with the folks for the week!

0 comments: