Sunday, April 18, 2010

The muffin disaster of 2010

Pin It Ok, I think I'm a decent baker - baking is not my strong suit, but after my successful experimentation with ingredients in my banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins, I got the urge to bake again last Friday before Shondi came...here are some photos:


So I've needed new oven mits for a while...it became quite apparent on Friday when took the muffins out of the oven and burned my thumb (see the hole?) on the pan and flipped the muffin pan upside down...







Uh oh...I picked them all up...but there's one missing...where DID it go???









Ok, I found it...












Ok, now I KNOW I truly have baking talent...how many people can burn their thumb, flip the pan, close the door and in a split second as the door is closing, catch a muffin and SQUISH it between the oven door and the oven?  See folks?  REAL talent...



All in all, these muffins were OK (if a little deformed...did I mention they were not done when I took them out?), but I would not make this recipe again...I'll stick with the chocolate chip one :-)

0 comments: