Saturday, December 26, 2009

False number perhaps...

Pin It So as I mentioned in my last post, there is no WW this week because the centre is closed.  Today I decided that I would weigh in on the Wii instead of skipping WI altogether.  According to the Wii, I am down 5.8lbs!  Now, I know the Wii tends to be pretty consistent, but I have to remember that I am comparing it to my Weight Watchers weigh in - I have no idea how it runs in relation to WW (hopefully it's bang on!)  Sooo, all that being said, next week may show a gain, mainly due to the difference in WI scales...next week I will post my true loss compared to last week's official WW weight.

I was so surpised yesterday morning when I opened (eventually!) a new GARMIN NUVI GPS!!  Yay!  I am so excited!  It was one of the few things I had on my "list" this year and my wonderful family went in on it and gave it to me!  I never really thought I would get one since they are NOT cheap :-)  So, SM - maybe a road trip to YOW is in order next summer?!  I also treated myself with extra vacation time this year.  Last year our firm, in an efford to save $, offered employees the option to purchase additional vacation time.  The great thing about it is that they allow you to "pay" for them over a series of pay cheques.  Last year it was 11 pays and I bought 5 days - this year, they are offering it over 17 pays!  I decided that since I was planning my trip to the UK in September (where I plan to use all of my 3 weeks), that I would treat myself to TWO weeks!  Realistically, it makes very little difference on my pay after the difference in taxes...so now I won't have to wait almost a whole year for vacation!  Last summer I took a road trip to NY (via Mass. to visit my cousins) and got to spend my vacation enjoying the company of the Brown family - this year, especially with my Garmin Nuvi, I may try for Ottawa :-)

Well, I'm off to make my lists - hoping to have people over for NY Eve and am having the whole family over to my apartment on Jan 2 for Christmas "take 2" when D&B and the girls return from Ontario.

Sorry for rambling on today!

Happy Boxing Day!

0 comments: