Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl

Pin It

I have just finished reading The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid (aka Dietgirl) - a girl who decided at 351lbs it was time to make a change and, slowly but surely, she did. 

Never in my life have I read anything that better described how I feel.  I won't bore you with details, but lets just say I highly recommend this book for anyone with any kind of body image issues and/or issues with losing weight/getting healthy/exercising, etc.  WARNING - this book contains some language that is a tad colourful, but quite honestly, nothing any worse than what you might hear on the bus or at work. If you can get past the occasional swear word and find the real feelings in this book, it is well worth the read. 

I give it a 10/10 rating and for a non-fiction book (at least for me), that's fantastic.  This book reads like a typical fiction novel, but is entirely true!  I am now off to explore Shauna's website and see what other treasures I can find.

1 comments:

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short links with Shortest and earn dollars for every visitor to your short links.