Saturday, November 7, 2009

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”

Pin It I think today was the best WW meeting I've ever been to in my life. No, it wasn't due to a large loss (although I did lose 1.6lbs for a total of 11.8lbs lost since Oct 2). Today's meeting was about staying motivated. I normally go to these meetings with (I admit) a bit of a chip on my shoulder - I tend to think that other people (other than the leader) speak too much and don't let the leader have her turn...after all, that's what she's there for...isn't it? Today I had an "aha" moment...most of the 30 minute meeting was spent with the leader talking to those of us in the meeting about what motivates us...two girls were there who had just started coming to the meetings a couple weeks ago...they had both been doing WW online for quite a while and one of them had lost 120lbs!! The other had lost right around 100lbs. They are both bloggers and have blogged their WW journey online (once I check out their blogs for myself, I'll post links here). They met in one of the WW message boards online and have become friends and inspirations to each other over the past few years. I had a chance to chat with them for a few minutes after the meeting and am awed by their determination and attitude. One of them started her journey as a type 2 diabetic and was on cholesterol meds - she is now only on the cholesterol meds (she's been told by her Dr that it's not weight-related, but rather hereditary). This week, these two young girls (couldn't be more than 24 or 25 maybe...) will be my inspiration, while my motivation is to get "healthy". I've always claimed to be healthy - I'm not on any meds, don't have any health problems (beyond allergies to dust, cats and strawberries!) and rarely get sick...but I've come to realize that I'm NOT healthy...I am high risk for diabetes, heart disease and even cancer. On a more vain note, my other goal is to go on my trip to England next September and not have to worry...will the seat belt fit? Will I have to be embarrassed and ask for an extender for the seat belt?

Signing off...no great recipes planned for the week, but...who knows! Let's see where the week takes me :-)

2 comments:

Shondi said...

Yay - another 1.6 lbs! Like the look of the new blog - very fresh!

Hope you have another great week!

Tanya said...

Thanks Shondi!