Saturday, November 14, 2009

Down down down...

Pin It Down again!  Lost 1.8lbs today...total lost to date is 13.6 - hopefully next week I will hit the 15lb mark and get another 5lb star!


Went to Dave's Fruit & Vegetable stand over in Dartmouth today after I picked up Mom and Dad from the airport.  I got 4 bags of veggies (also included a PC Blue Menu turkey breast with gravy, sliced ham [thick slice for supper] and a large package of sliced roasted turkey breast for sandwiches) all for under $40!  At Sobeys that would probably well over $50!



For lunch I had a healthy clubhouse sandwich ( 2pc whole wheat bread, 1 oz reduced fat cheese, 3 slices roast turkey breast, 3 slices tomatoes, 1 tbsp miracle whip light, 3 slices pre-cooked bacon, handful of baby spinach)...all for 9 points!





Tonight I had the *turkey, mashed sweet potatoes and snow peas & carrots (picture below)...entire meal (INCLUDING the 2 tsp of omega oil on the veggies...2 tsp/day of oil is HIGHLY recommended for successful weightloss...otherwise I'd have had these veggies dry!) was 10.5 points...and I could not finish it all!!

* update on the turkey...I would say it was OK...maybe a 6.5/10.  Had the taste of that water-processed chicken that you get sometimes in the frozen section...I likely won't buy it again, but am glad I tried it.  I always wonder about those frozen roasts...now I know!  The M&Ms stuffed turkey breast is MUCH better (I'd give that one a 10!)



At my WI today, I also bought a new cookbook...they are half price for the month of November!  So far, some great looking recipes!

1 comments:

Shondi said...

Woot woot! Congratulations - you're doing great!! Keep up the good work.