Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tom Yum Soup

Pin It
Tom Yum Soup

4 Tbsp Tom Yum soup paste
6 cups water
3/4 carton chicken broth
1lb chicken breasts - chopped (raw)
2 cups slided mushrooms
lemongrass
lime leaves - 3
thai chilis - 3 (whole)
ginger (fresh) - about the size of your thumb to the first joint
galangal (I'll have to find spelling of this) - same size as ginger


Boil water and broth. Add paste, lemongrass, ginger, galangal and stir until paste is disolved. Add chicken, mushrooms, lime leaves (whole), and chlis. Cook until chicken is cooked. Remove lemon grass stalk, lime leaves and chilis (unless you WANT to bite into one!) and serve.

Now after I made this and ate it (and loved it!), I realized I was missing a few things that Bianca told me should go in - fish sauce, sesame oil and lime juice (fresh)...but I don't think I missed them! Next time I will add them to see if they add any more flavour.

1 comments:

Shondi said...

Sounds good! Where does one find Tom Yum soup paste?!

And where did you find the lime leaves and galangal? I had a really hard time when I wanted them for a recipe before.